Deadhaus Sonata Forum

Community choice: Vote for the Blood Moon Werebat form!

shinybri

Which form should the Blood Moon Werebat take?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which form should the Blood Moon Werebat take?

Exciting to see all the great Vampire content coming our way.

It means the Liche content will be coming along that much sooner. :sneaky:

Also I voted for 1 because it vaguely reminds me of Kain's Flesh Armor from Blood Omen, whereas "Geiger Bat" seems to evoke more of a "Bone Form" or something, rather than a "Blood Form". I could see Geiger Bat splitting open a femur and feasting on the marrow, whereas the 1st one looks like it wants to turn your blood into a bunch of floating orbs that can be used to attack or as a snack on the go. :unsure:

Edited by Meta
  • Like 3

This is the hardest choice yet :eek: I love them both. 1 is Sky Puppy big cute ears and 2 dragged itself from the pits of hell and probably smells horrible. 2 look SAVAGE and that's what I wanna see. Just looking at him I can tell he is going to be a big creep and have a vastly different walk animation and probably have a screech that could rival a Banshee. Blood moon werebat is supposed to be a super secret power-up tarot card, and what better way to show that than by becoming even more grotesque?
  • Like 4

My reasoning for voting for 1 is that it brings to mind a far more magical bat than the fairly grotesque and physical looking bat that is shown in 2, and the bloodmoon bat allows for access to magic according to the audio we heard.

Dang that's solid logic. Might have to change my vote :ROFLMAO: I will sleep on it! UGH why are they both so good

• Like 2

I'm voting for two because it looks badass, but thinking about it as a transformation from the spiked bat it would seem to visually follow that it would become one by losing its skin hair and spikes and then maybe it becomes faster and more deadly than seeming to get more muscular lose the hair and spikes and then growing hair on its head.
  • Like 2

I'm sure it's well within the realm of potentialities that both of these unique forms could be introduced into the game at some point.

This did also factor into my own decision. I like them both, as everyone seems to, but for the title of "Blood Form" the first illustration just aligned better, mentally, to me. I might anticipate that later on down the road there could be another "secret" challenge/event which would reward the other form which I might just refer to as the "Bone Form" from here on out, at least within my own mind. :unsure:

• Like 3

At first glance, #2 looks to have a "Banshee-ish" look to it. It does make it look more nightmarish compared to #1. I think #1 is adorable and would love to get one and have as a pet. #2 I think would be fun flying through maps and attacking from above - so my vote goes to #2 :D
  • Like 2

Just the visceral and grotesqueness of option 2 is just a depiction of physical prowess, really pushing the vampire bat form to the upper limit of what's even possible before going in to some wight territory, and it is awesome for sure, however i personally don't really feel it matches up with the voice over description we got narrated by Chris, it's an enhancement of the vampires abilities, not just physical, but also magical, and it just "feels" wrong, when i look at the second Option I do not get the sense of a creature that could possible use Magic / Blood Magic, it just looks like a physical damage dealers.

Keep in mind this is the option we get to decide how the Bloodmoon Vampire Bat Form will end up looking like, and with that in mind i don't really view it as a contest, Option 1 is in my mind not only the clear winner (the correct choice) it's the only choice that fits the description, so even though Option 2 does look awesome i personally don't view it as a good fit for the Bloodmoon Vampire Bat Transformation.

And that is why i cast my vote for Option 1.

Edited by Temuldjin
  • Like 3

Here are my thoughts. When i think blood moon i think something spectacular, something rare and majestic-ish. I could see the Blood Moon Bat being even larger than the normal version as its drawing from the power of the blood moon rather than just the moon itself. Giving it even more abilities perhaps.

But i see something else something just as rare as the Blood Moon Bat.....monsterous raw power.

The New Moon Bat. A form achieved by sheer willpower from within. A form of a grotesque nature commanding the land and skies without the power of the moon all while covered in a viel of darkness, enemies being decimated before they even knew what happened.

So my vote?

Rare Blood Moon Bat #1

An appeal for a Rare New Moon Bat #2

• Like 4

Here are my thoughts. When i think blood moon i think something spectacular, something rare and majestic-ish. I could see the Blood Moon Bat being even larger than the normal version as its drawing from the power of the blood moon rather than just the moon itself. Giving it even more abilities perhaps.

But i see something else something just as rare as the Blood Moon Bat.....monsterous raw power.

The New Moon Bat. A form achieved by sheer willpower from within. A form of a grotesque nature commanding the land and skies without the power of the moon all while covered in a viel of darkness, enemies being decimated before they even knew what happened.

So my vote?

Rare Blood Moon Bat #1

Yooooo I LOVE this :love:

• Like 2

So my vote?

Rare Blood Moon Bat #1

I couldn't agree more. Both concepts are way too good to just end up scrapping the one that doesn't win the vote.

I'm sure it's well within the realm of potentialities that both of these unique forms could be introduced into the game at some point.

This did also factor into my own decision. I like them both, as everyone seems to, but for the title of "Blood Form" the first illustration just aligned better, mentally, to me. I might anticipate that later on down the road there could be another "secret" challenge/event which would reward the other form which I might just refer to as the "Bone Form" from here on out, at least within my own mind. :unsure:

So my vote?

Rare Blood Moon Bat #1

I agree with people calling to save concept #2.

For the blood moon bat, I like the look of #1 because it seems more magical. It has dignity to the look. I don't know if it is the pose, but almost looks like the wings could be a cape or robe.

But I am very drawn to the look of the #2 concept (bone or new moon form). This feels like a physical bat form. I am not sure what lore could lead to this but could be cool to develop a bat for each state.

With the vampire being a jack of all trades, maybe have a bat form that represents a focus on the physical, magical and essential.

I said it hahaha !

I was making the comparison between the 2 forms.

Actually I haven't said anything there soon here's a little post.

I've voted for the first form, the artwork make the wings looks like clothes/cape like I've said on Discord. The form looks like a noble and majestic creature. In a way, even if you turn in a werebat you stay classy.

The second form is more demonic looking, brutal in his design. It feel more like a beast for me, which is good but in my opinion I feel that the blood moon must empower what's already there, magnify it.

In the end I like both design, I just prefer to look like a god bat than a demonic beast. I just hope that maybe we'll get the other form because they're both really cool + more customisation is always good.

1 looks like an animal. even more-so than the regular werebat. If the difference between the werebat and the blood moon werebat is that it can use magic then it makes no sense to me that the form would look more animal than the regular one. 2 looks like a mix between a human and a bat with a lot more focus on the human aspect which would make a better magical casting werebat form IMO.
  • Like 1