Deadhaus Sonata Forum

What are you currently playing?

Kefka1134

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing Shadowman 64 and its probably one of the most Gothic game on the console. Its almost pre-ED, but i'd say the gameplay is closer to a zelda or metroid game. Some of the chants and sounds are probably royalty free stuff that was also used in ED.

Eventually I need to get the PC version running. Someone made HD textures and the pc version overall is a generation ahead from the N64 version lol

• 1 month later...

I have discovered the Yakuza series a while ago (I never had a PlayStation) and am currently playing Yakuza 0 on PC. I was so impressed by it that I bought Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 as well, so at my pace it'll be a while. By the time I'm done, there may already be one or two new PC ports from the series.

Before that, I was playing Life is Strange 2. A huge fan of the first Life is Strange, I found 2 much less impactful. I couldn't identify with the characters nearly as well.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Medievil remake.

I have it. I loved it. So much nostalgia. They made it how I remember it, and even with a little extra content too.

Currently focusing on getting my truck fixed and getting my Class 1 license (professional truck driver); but in my down time I've been playing Snowrunner. Although I've had a hankering for playing an Undead Thief/Necromancer. So I might give that a go via modded Skyrim. Also wanting to play Thief again. My mind's a bit all over the place.

Have been playing Genshin Impact for quite a while and I wish the game was buy once or even subscription based instead of this gatcha thing they have going but it is still a pretty great game. It is a crap RPG - you don't really have stuff to customize, you have stuff to buy and upgrade but that is not what is good about it. It is the world. It is really densely packed with hidden treasures and little and somewhat bigger puzzles and it is pretty great.

I recently got Immortals: Fenyx Rising and it has a similar vibe but honestly I do not find it as engaging although there are some fun things to do there as well. The thing with that is that it runs as crap for me as I am playing on an older laptop - my main PC's video kind of died and I am trying to get a replacement/upgrade but with the current silicon shortage it is not easy.

I tried to get into The Pathless as well. It looks pretty great but the lack of combat during the majority of the game is kind of bugging me and the puzzles are not very good as far as I can tell. The traversal is very fun when it works but with m+kb the amount of times the arrow releases late to hit the target is baffling.

And lastly - Hades. I've been playing it off and on for quite a while. It is pretty great. The only thing that annoyed me to hell was the first time I got to the final boss and decided to get reckless at the end to finish the fight quickly, killed it, a cutscene played and the health bar of the boss refilled and had to kill it again which, of course, I didn't because I had been reckless as the game hadn't pulled any of this bulshit with any of the previous bosses. Still love it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

what do you like the most about it?

They've actually managed to make it feel like a horror game imo. There are so many of these 4vE "Left 4 Dead like" games that have horror elements in them, but are straight up little action fests. In GTFO the enemies actually feel dangerous and speed running isn't really rewarded.

• 7 months later...