Deadhaus Sonata Forum

Deadhaus Sonata Wallpapers

Phil Haymes

Just finished reviewing the latest concept art - this is great stuff 😁 Very impressed. A lot of the environmental scenes are bold and monolithic, and the detail on the characters are preserved nicely without being too flashy or glossy (eg: in short - not so world-of-warcraft-y - thankfully!!) I particularly like the detail done on the "Kain-worship" vampire character (whatever his name will be?) It has a slight touch of that baroque-esque Castlevania style, but some other menacing attributes to the attire. This is exceptional in my view and only makes me so more stoked for what's to come 🙂

Just finished reviewing the latest concept art - this is great stuff 😁 Very impressed. A lot of the environmental scenes are bold and monolithic, and the detail on the characters are preserved nicely without being too flashy or glossy (eg: in short - not so world-of-warcraft-y - thankfully!!) I particularly like the detail done on the "Kain-worship" vampire character (whatever his name will be?) It has a slight touch of that baroque-esque Castlevania style, but some other menacing attributes to the attire. This is exceptional in my view and only makes me so more stoked for what's to come 🙂

Thank you!

I don't want to pick apart each piece (though I will if asked), but I will say that the older (0-7) pieces are not great in terms of setting up a clear concept for the average person. They lack focus and direction in their presentation. The best of them is 04, even though it lacks a sense of scale.

8-13 are much better in this regard, giving the audience a clear concept to focus on, and some visual guidance on what the establishing features of the piece are.

I understand that a world-builder or designer can use the unfocused or very busy/packed work as a better tool, but from a general audience perspective, they won't really strike awe, wonder, or curiosity.

I don't want to pick apart each piece (though I will if asked), but I will say that the older (0-7) pieces are not great in terms of setting up a clear concept for the average person. They lack focus and direction in their presentation. The best of them is 04, even though it lacks a sense of scale.

8-13 are much better in this regard, giving the audience a clear concept to focus on, and some visual guidance on what the establishing features of the piece are.

I understand that a world-builder or designer can use the unfocused or very busy/packed work as a better tool, but from a general audience perspective, they won't really strike awe, wonder, or curiosity.

Thanks, this is good feedback. We use these pieces as a starting point to build the game from an architectural perspective and are made for a public viewing perspective first, although I do see the value in that. Many concepts that are released to consumers are made for marketing and that express purpose.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Janos Audron , thanks for pointing this out to us! We've looked into this on our end, found and fixed the problem and the link should work again. Try clearing your cache and opening the page again once you've done so. If you don't mind me asking, what browser are you using?

Thank you for fixing it.

As for the browser, I am currently using Vivaldi.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

anyone manage to snag all of that concept art with the Ghoul and Elder Gods bridge etc? its the only thing im missing so far i think image wise.

I saved a bunch; is this the one you're looking for? It's low-size but the resolution's still there. PM me if you want me to shoot you the rest.

Deadhaus_SonataConcept_13.thumb.jpg.664d501a4fc78eafeaa126dfd205d314.jpg

• Like 1